Markets - Matrixliveng
Markets
Markets

DMO lists N2506b Sukuk on Nigerian Exchange Limited

The Debt Management Office (DMO) has listed the N250billion, 10-year 13% Ijarah Sovereign Sukuk due 2031, on Nigerian Exchange Limited (NGX), on Tuesday, 5 July 2022.   The Ijarah Sovereign Sukuk was successfully listed on NGX, having fulfilled the conditions set by the Financial Regulatory Advisory Council of Experts (FRACE) of the Central Bank of […]

Read More
Markets

Bridging claims: NMDPRA pays N74bn to marketers in 7 months

The Nigerian Midstream and Downstream Petroleum Regulatory Authority (NMDPRA) has paid the sum of  N74  billion to oil marketers as bridging claims in the past seven months. The authority made this known in a statement signed by Mr Kimchi Apollo, the General Manager, Corporate Communications, NMDPRA, on Wednesday in Abuja. “So far, the authority paid […]

Read More
Markets

Nigeria Is The Largest Catfish Producer In Africa – Official

Mr Ime Umoh, the Director of Fisheries and Aquaculture, Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, says Nigeria is the largest producer of  catfish in Africa. Umoh said this at a two-day FISH4ACP workshop on Tuesday in Lagos to unveil a 10-year plan for the sustainable development of Nigeria’s catfish sector. The News Agency of […]

Read More
Markets

Grain prices might triple unless Europe takes united actions – FM

 The Bulgaria Finance Minister, Assen Vassilev on Tuesday said unless Europe took united actions, the price of grain would double and triple in the winter. Vassilev said this during the opening of Sofia Economic Forum III (formerly known as Plovdiv Economic Forum). He said that at present Russia was not exporting grain and Ukraine could […]

Read More
Markets

Market capitalisation dips by N159bn

Trading on the nation’s bourse closed on a downward trend on Friday, with market capitalisation dropping by N159 billion to close at N28.562 trillion compared with N28.721 trillion achieved on Thursday. In the same vein, the All-Share Index lost 295.53 points or 0.55 per cent to close at 52,979.96 points against 53,275.49 on Thursday. Hence, […]

Read More
Markets

Lagos State Eats N328 Billion Worth Of Cow Meat Per Annum – Commissioner

Lagos State eats an estimated N328 billion worth of cow meat per annum. About 98 percent of cattle consumed in-state are from the northern part of the country or from across the border. The remaining 2 percent is a shortfall in local production and represents about 181,757 tons of meat or about 1,235,601 heads of […]

Read More
Markets

Mino Raiola, Football Super-Agent Dies At 54

Mino Raiola, a popular agent in the football world died at the age of 54. He had been sick for months before passing away on Saturday in the hospital where he was admitted. The football agent’s family confirmed his death via a statement released on his Twitter handle. “In infinite sorrow, we share the passing of […]

Read More
Markets

Financial Stability: CBN Urges Nigerians To Access Economic Interventions

The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has urged Nigerians to embrace its intervention programmes to promote financial stability and economic development. The CBN Director of Corporate Communications, Mr Osita Nwanisiobi, said this at the opening session of a two- day fair organised on Wednesday in Owerri by the apex bank. Nwanisiobi, represented by the Deputy […]

Read More
Markets

Food Security Tops Agenda As Buhari Receives Adesina In Abuja

The issue of food security in Nigeria topped the agenda as President Muhammadu Buhari on Tuesday hosted the President of the African Development Bank, AfDB Dr. Akinwumi Adesina at the State House in Abuja. President Buhari applauded the $1.5 billion African Emergency Food plan developed by the AfDB, which is awaiting ratification by its board. […]

Read More
Markets

FG Inaugurates National Steering Committees To Boost Food Security

The Federal Government on Thursday in Abuja inaugurated five National Steering Committees for donor-funded projects implemented by the Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development. The projects are designed to enhance food security, create jobs and diversify the economy. The committees will work on Rural Access and Agricultural Marketing Project (RAAMP), Agro-Processing Productivity Enhancement and […]

Read More
WP2Social Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com