In a bid for a greater and more developed city, the Lagos State Government has earmarked about 15 different roads in the state for rehabilitation and reconstruction. This comes barely a week after it flagged-off the Eti-Osa-Lekki-Epe expressway project, in what seems like concerted efforts in building and rehabilitating key infrastructures that can facilitate economic development.
The proposed 15 different roads listed are:
• Abaranje Road at Alimosho LGA.
• Shasha Road/Alimosho Road at Alimosho LGA.
• Moshalashi-Egbeda-Isheri Roundabout at Alimosho LGA.
• Olaniyi/Olayiwola street at Ifako Ijaiye LGA.
• Opebi Road (by Chicken Republic Inward Oregun Link Road) at Ikeja LGA.
• Oba Ogunnusi Road (by Berger Inwards Ogba) at Ikeja LGA.
• Household of God street/Olayiwola street at Ikeja LGA.
• Billings Way (Mobolaji Johnson Junction inwards Glass House) at Ikeja LGA.
• Lagos Ibadan Expressway (by Apostolic Church inwards Motorways) Kosofe LGA.
• Lateef Jakande Road (by Aadas Mall Junction/FirstGate/Acme Junction) at Ikeja LGA.
• MKO Abiola Garden Road at Ikeja LGA.
• Agege Motorway (by Palm Avenue Junction) at Mushin.
• Old Ota Road at Agege LGA.
• Olabode George at Eti-Osa LGA.
• Agege Motor Road (by Olupese, Oshodi) at Oshodi-Isolo LGA.
Why it matters
Once the projects are completed, it will ameliorate the traffic situation on those roads and ease the plight of commuters.